Search
  • Indie_Valkyrie

Beta Week 1-2

Week 1 consisted mostly of gathering the team together. To do this I made multiple posts in the Beta Arcade fb group, as well as contacting students I already knew to see if they were interested in forming a team. By the end of this week, I had a team of 8 and the only discipline missing from the team was Art.


We had our first team meeting, in which we went around and introduced ourselves. We also had 2 artists and a game designer join us for the meeting as they wanted to see if they should join the team. We discussed possible ideas for our game, including a horror game with a single enemy that hunted the player, a “Smokey and the Bandit” style game, and a platformer based on Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank style gameplay. After the meeting, I began the hunt for a character artist, the only thing missing from our team.


Week 2- We had another meeting including the new character artist. Due to some differences with work ethic, a couple of the members began trying to dictate to the rest of the team about the project direction, causing the rest of the team distress due to becoming aggressive when the other members suggested things for the project. I spoke with each member individually after this meeting, and it was agreed that it would be best if they find another team.

We then became a team of 8 again, and were on the hunt for 2 environment artists. We got the name of our team (The Walking Blenders) from one of the pieces of concept art that our new character artist had shown us.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All